Mirwaners, if you are a photographer, while travelling, you definitely feel that photo of sunset and sunrise is one of many kinds of photos you should take, isn’t it? I actually like to take photos of sunset or sunrise as well. Due to not a photographer, and only use smartphone camera, the photo of sunset and sunrise which I took look little bit terrible. Although the result of photos is not as good as I expected, I still try to learn how to take photo of sunset properly, even only use a smartphone camera.
I've ever read an article on internet about tips to take sunset photos. Then I would like to share the tips to you, guys. I took these tips from a site Aboutfotografi.com. Hope they are useful for you. So, if you've ever tried shooting sunset or sunrise photos, but you’re less satisfied with the results, you might read tips to take photos of sunrise and sunset below. And wish to god, your sunset and sunrise photos will get better:
1. Do the observation first before taking pictures or taking photos sunset so that you’ll get a good spot to take pictures with good angle. Commonly the observation should take several hours before taking a photo.
2. Use all your prepared equipment such as a tripod and use the Neutral Density filter.
3. Set up your camera settings to fit the setting for shooting sunset or sunrise.
4. Look at the sky. When the sky begins to be golden, take the photo immediately. Don’t need to wait any longer. Because this is the good time to get a dramatic photo where the intensity of light is not too much and gives a golden feel.
5. Take advantage of the silhouettes that arise from the rays of sunlight that touch clouds or other objects. By using silhouette, the photos you get will look better, cool and more dramatic.
6. Note the position of the sun. Place the sun where you think it is good in the frame so the results are interesting and unique.
7. Keep shooting!
Thus tips to take photos of sunset or sunrise. Hopefully these tips are useful for those of you who like to take photos of sunset or sunrise. However, here are the sunset photographs I took at Ulee Lheue beach, Banda Aceh. I took them with my smartphone camera.